Epoxy Floors: (619) 865-1194
- Mike’s epoxy floors are a work of art. He has done the floors of several of the top Coronado homes built over the last five years.
Bartocci Development: (619) 522-6789
- This is Joe Belmonte’s company. I have no direct experience with Joe, but he seems to be a good man who does quality work. See 121 J Avenue for an example home.
Tony Falletta: (619) 318-3125
- Our favorite Falletta project is Tony’s own home at 744 G Avenue. Tony is so busy with his various detached condo projects that it is difficult to get his attention and into his rotation.
Gillem Construction: (619) 437-8040
- We know little about Gillem, but he seems to do solid work. Recent Gillem projects are at 1120 Pine Street and 116 E Avenue.
The Jackman Group: (619) 435-7025
- One of the big three in Coronado construction for high end residential construction (see the others below). The Jackman Group is known for being very good. Harry Jackman says they have adjusted their pricing to match the times and will even take on projects on a fixed fee basis.
Lifetime Construction: (760) 802-1739
- Mark tends to be less expensive than Coronado contractors. Mark’s most recent projects are 811 I Avenue and 628/632 J Avenue.
Lorton Mitchell Company: (619) 435-3125
- One of the big three in Coronado construction for high end residential construction. The company tends to do many projects on the Bay and on Ocean Blvd.
Lyons Construction: (619) 884-8617
- Exemplar Bill Lyons’ work can be found at 731 Balboa and 1516 5th Street (near the golf course). He has been building in Coronado for a long-time.
Perry & Pappenhausen: (619) 562-1087
- One of the big three in Coronado construction for high end residential construction. P&P has been the most active Coronado builder in the $5 million+ range over the last several years. The standard cost model is cost + 18%.
Pinnacle Peak Custom Homes: (602) 515-3626
- Pinnacle Peak is a construction company from Arizona that has established a presence in Coronado. Pinnacle Peak can do high end work, with several homes in the $5 to $8 million range, and does so at prices that seem to be much more competitive relative to the Coronado competition.
SJC Custom Homes: (619) 987-3950
- Projects include 1115 Isabella and 500 D Avenue. Pricing is in the upper-mid range. SJC completed two homes on the 800 block of I Ave that turned out very nice.
Coronado Municipal Code for Building
- Determine what zone you are in based on the Coronado zoning map. Please click on the link below:
Click here Then refer to the Coronado Municipal Code and Building Code and see title 86. You can also contact Edith Salas at 619.905.5780
Helpful contacts at the City of Coronado for building
Peter Fait: (619) 522-2414
- Peter was one of the drafters of the revised code, and in my opinion, he knows the code better than anyone else in Coronado.
Tricia Olsen: (619) 522-7329
- In addition to being an associate planner at the city, Tricia advises the historic committee. She is your first point of contact for historic committee related questions. If your home is 75 years or older, call her before you get too far with your building plans.
John Swanson: (619) 522-2416
John is often tasked with the in-field inspections.
Trade Contacts for Coronado
Jason Baer of Baer Air Conditioning: (619) 328-5900
- Recommended to us by a friend who says Jason is efficient and reasonably-priced.
Brad Amos of Mission Security: (619) 316-4851
- Recommended to me by a client, who says Brad is honest and reasonable.
Home Depot/Expo: (858) 974-0600
Standards of Excellence: (858) 274-6004
Sears outlet store: (619) 497-1123
Christian Rice: (619) 203-6820
Patrick McInerney: (619) 994-7991
- Patrick Recently returned to Coronado from London, where his clients included Gwyneth Paltrow, Claudia Schiffer and Tom Ford.
Dorothy Howard: (619) 435-6496
Dennis Webb: (619) 435-2568
Doors Etc.: (619) 275-6151
Dixieline: (619) 465-4242
Kevin Burt: (619) 813-8124
Barry Farnum: (619) 575-1941
Gordon McKey: (619) 435-2313
Brody/Fine Line Hardwood: (760) 807-7780
Mike Habecker (Golden State Garage Doors): (619) 520-9051
Access Garage Doors: (858) 793-8999
Armando: (619) 200-5791
Jose: (619) 210-5379
Sean: (619) 750-9471
Carl’s Glass and Window: (619) 442-0541
Coronado Hardware: (619) 435-2266
Coronado Hardware: (619) 435-2266
Village Hardware: (619) 435-8032
John (Coronado Hauling): (619) 435-2948
Ian (Blue Ox Hauling): (619) 446-9333
Landscape design Randy Taggert of Outside Matters: (619) 322-8066
Tim Allen: (619) 435-6562
Chism Brothers: (858) 454-3850
Brian Parrot: (619) 435-8775
Bay & Shore Company: (619) 435-2132
Jim at Coronado Plumbing: (619) 435-3724 (w) and (619) 575-5536 ©
John Dorow: (619) 435-1730
Oscar, Lovelace Engineering: (858) 535-9111 x303
Window Coverings and Blinds
3 Day Blinds La Jolla: (858) 587-0553
Coronado Floor and Window: (619) 435-2261
Island Floor & Window Covering: (619) 435-3551
- The primary building zones for residential construction in Coronado are the R1-A, R1-B and R3 zones. Following the revisions to the Coronado code that became effective in July 2005, the R3 zone is the most favorable building zone. Contact me for explanation as to why.
- Please click on the link below to view the current Coronado zoning map: